- KINCAPLE, a village, in the parish and district of St. Andrew's, county of Fife, 2½ miles (W. N. W.) from St. Andrew's; containing 186 inhabitants. It is situated upon the eastern coast, near the mouth of the Eden, in St. Andrew's bay; and on the road from St. Andrew's to Leuchars. The population is chiefly agricultural. In 1834 a minister was appointed to perform divine service, once a month, in each of four villages in the parish, of which this is one.
A Topographical dictionary of Scotland. Samuel Lewis. 1856.
Look at other dictionaries:
Andrew's, St. — 1) ANDREW S, ST., a city, the seat of a university, and anciently the metropolitan see of Scotland, in the district of St. Andrew s, county of Fife, 39 miles (N. N. E.) from Edinburgh; containing, with the villages of Boarhills, Grange,… … A Topographical dictionary of Scotland